TEXT; MATT 5; 7, MATT 9; 13
- Not judging but supporting those in need with compassion,
- Usually by the strong to the weak (Heb 7;7).
- Helping people even when they don’t deserve it.
- Not revenging but forgiving all, supporting and unselfish.
Those who show mercy to others will always receive mercy. We should always show mercy to others.
Why will the merciful obtain mercy?
- The law of sowing and reaping.
- Creating conditions for mercy.
How to show mercy:
- Forgiveness (luke 11;4) forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sinned against us. (Matt 18; 23-25). A servant who was forgiven by his master but refuses to reciprocate the same.
- Giving people undeserved favour.
- Providing assistance and suppor
Why we should show mercy;
- It is the condition for receiving mercy. James 2; 13
- In luke 10;30, the story of the good Samaritan.
- Reciprocal aspect of love (Matt 12;7,23;23)
- The measure of obedience and commitment (luke 10; 25) love your neighbor as yourself.
Practical applications and action plan
- Help someone today and everyday.
- Resolve not to revenge
- Resolve to forgive who ever will offend you.
- Resolve not to judge others.
- Lift those who contradict themselves and those who are spiritually weak.